East Cambridgeshire District Council’s Commercial Services Committee meets next Wednesday (17 May) at 5:30pm. The agenda includes proposals for a new off-street parking places order for the following purposes.
- Update the car parking map for Barton Road to show the changes to market trader parking arrangements and the removal of all but one of the coach spaces.
- Include the new car park at The Dock (near Angel Drove car park and the railway station).
- Include cashless parking as an alternative payment method at Angel Drove and The Dock.
- Increase the Fixed Penalty Notice to £70, as agreed in the council budget in February.
- Extend the waiting time at the public car park at the Council Offices during office hours; it’s currently 30 minutes and will now be an hour.
All of these proposals will require a 21 day public consultation period, after which the proposals will come back to the committee for final approval.
The actual draft order is here.