East Cambridgeshire District Council is consulting on proposed increases to hackney carriage fares. Objections and comments must be received by the council by midnight on Tuesday 31 July. Any objections will be considered by the Licensing Committee on Wednesday 12 September. If no objections are received the new fares will come into effect on Wednesday 1 August.
If you wish to object, you are recommended by the council to give reasons for your objection.
The proposed increases (the first for five years) are weighted to affect overnight and bank holiday bookings the most, with fares between 7:00AM and 11:00PM rising much less sharply.
Details of the proposed new fares are as follows:
All journeys commenced after 07:00 hours and before 23:00 hours Monday to Sunday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- First mile (approx. 1.609 kilometres) £3.70
- For each additional 167.6 yards (153.3 metres) or part thereof £0.20
All journeys commenced after 23:00 hours and before 07:00 hours Monday to Sunday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- First mile (approx. 1.609 kilometres) £5.55
- for each additional 167.6 yards (153.3 metres) or part thereof £0.20
All journeys commenced on a Bank Holiday
- First mile (approx. 1.609 kilometres) £7.40
- For each additional 167.6 yards (153.3 metres) or part thereof £0.30
- For each period of a minute or part thereof at any time £0.40
- Persons carried in excess of 4 persons £0.50 (per additional person, per trip)
- Soiling charge Not to exceed £150.00
Any objections to the proposed table of fares should be sent in writing to the Senior Licensing Officer, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Ely, CB7 4EE, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Tuesday 31 July. A copy of the notice has been deposited at the Council Offices and is available for inspection during office hours until Tuesday 31 July.