If you’re a small business in East Cambridgeshire with ongoing fixed property-related costs and weren’t eligible for Small Business Grants Fund or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants Fund, applications for Discretionary Grants close on Tuesday (3 July).
Priority will be given to
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible work spaces which do not have their own business rates assessment. Examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators.
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates.
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
In order for your business to qualify for the grant, you must provide evidence that you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Businesses with relatively high ongoing fixed property related costs
- Businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Business with fewer than 50 employees
- Businesses that were trading on or before 11 March 2020.
More information about the grant and how to apply is available at https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/business/local-authority-small-business-discretionary-grant